Friday, March 15, 2013

SPAZ: 10 Albums That Changed MY Life, PT. 1


10 Albums That Changed My Life
Pt. One

By Stephen SPAZ Schnee


For a music fan, listening to certain albums can unlock many memories that are usually hidden somewhere deep within the recesses of the brain.  Those memories could be good or bad, but the magic of the melodies bring those ragamuffin thoughts and emotions back up to the surface again.
     We all have favorite bands or albums that we listen to over and over again throughout our lives but there are always certain ones that really make an impact.  You may not consider these as the band’s best albums, but they are the ones that matter the most.  They are the key that opens those time capsules within us and allow us to relive the thrill (or sadness) of a certain time in our lives.
     Here are 10 albums that never fail to take me back to a certain period in my life.  They may not have sold millions of copies but they had an enormous impact on me. And they are albums I will cherish until my dying day….There are many more I’d like to list, but don’t want to bore you with too much at once.
     I’ve listed them in alphabetical order by band because, to be honest, I can never say that one of them had more of an impact on me than the other.  They are all equally important. And I've refrained from explaining WHY they mean so much to me.  Those reasons are ones that only I would understand... (and I'm sure that your choices are made based on similar situations and circumstances).



BRAM TCHAIKOVSKY/Strange Man Changed Man




















SPLIT ENZ/Frenzy










YACHTS/S.O.S. (AKA Yachts in the UK)


1 comment:

  1. Present Tense - yup. That was the ONLY piece of my vinyl that got continuous record player play from 1985 through 2001ish, when I discovered Shoes had a website with all their CDs. (The only reason I had to wait til 1985 was because I was 12 when I first discovered them on MTV. Present Tense was one of the first albums I bought once I started driving & had my own money to spend.)

    ReplyDelete