Tuesday, November 23, 2010

SANTA RECOMMENDS.....PERRY COMO!

Hello, kids!

CHRISTMAS is almost here!  My elves are busy building toys, reading your e-mails and keeping busy.  A few of them spend far too much time on Facebook these days, but we're still on schedule so I won't complain.

Have you written out your Christmas wish list yet?  No?  Well, you better get busy.  There's only a little time left before I load my sleigh up with gifts and make my journey around the world on Christmas night! 

If you are having a hard time deciding what you want, may I suggest this?





2010 two CD holiday release. A roaring fire, something warm to wear (probably a cardigan), and the crooning sounds of Perry Como-such has been the comforting recipe for countless Christmas celebrations for generations. Now, for the first time, here are ALL of the holiday- themed recordings Perry made for RCA over 36 years, with liner notes by longtime admirer Richard Carpenter! The first eight tracks hail from the original 78 rpm album Perry Como Sings Merry Christmas Music (1946). Next up is the 1953 album Around the Christmas Tree. That's disc one; disc two leads off with the 1959 stereo album Season's Greetings from Perry Como, plus the 1967 singles "Christmas Bells" and "Love Is a Christmas Rose". Then comes the 1968 album The Perry Como Christmas Album, plus the album outtake "Some Children See Him", the single release "Christmas Dream" and Perry's final holiday song from 1982, the appropriately-titled "I Wish It Could Be Christmas Forever". 51 tracks.

I must get going now.  Mrs. Claus needs some help in eating those delicicious snickerdoodle cookies and I don't want to miss out!  They are fresh out of the oven, you know! Yum Yum!



Ho! Ho! Ho!
Santa

No comments:

Post a Comment