Wednesday, December 1, 2010

SANTA RECOMMENDS...FINDLAY BROWN

Hello, kids!

CHRISTMAS is almost here!  My elves are busy building toys, reading your e-mails and keeping busy.  A few of them spend far too much time on Facebook these days, but we're still on schedule so I won't complain.

Have you written out your Christmas wish list yet?  No?  Well, you better get busy.  There's only a little time left before I load my sleigh up with gifts and make my journey around the world on Christmas night! 

If you are having a hard time deciding what you want, may I suggest this?





When I first heard this album, I was in the midst of my Hawaiian vacation.  It was a few months after Christmas of 2009 and I was enjoying some much needed 'relax' time on the big island. I was so blown away that I had to rush out and buy one for the missus.  I could have shared my copy, yes, but it is such a lovely album that I felt she needed a copy to have and to hold...  You see, Love Will Find You is not a typical Findlay Brown album, stylistically. With producer Bernard Butler (Duffy, Suede, The Tears, McAlmont & Butler) twiddling the knobs, Findlay has stepped back in time and created an album that retains his melodic songwriting skills yet takes his music into an era that existed even before he was born. The best way to describe Love Will Find You is this: imagine Roy Orbison and The Everley Brothers flying over to the UK in the mid-'60s and recording an album in the midst of the Merseybeat boom. Add some gorgeous melodies, lush strings, big Spector-like production and a whole lot of love and you've got Love Will Find You. Mrs. Claus LOVED it, by the way. 
I must get going now.  Mrs. Claus needs some help in eating those delicicious double-fudge brownies and I don't want to miss out!  They are fresh out of the oven, you know! Yum Yum!



Ho! Ho! Ho!
Santa

No comments:

Post a Comment