Wednesday, December 8, 2010

SANTA RECOMMENDS...MADNESS

Hello, kids!

CHRISTMAS is almost here!  My elves are busy building toys, reading your e-mails and keeping busy.  A few of them spend far too much time on Facebook these days, but we're still on schedule so I won't complain.

Have you written out your Christmas wish list yet?  No?  Well, you better get busy.  There's only a little time left before I load my sleigh up with gifts and make my journey around the world on Christmas night! 

If you are having a hard time deciding what you want, may I suggest this?



 


Last year, the lads in Madness released a new album and achieved more accolades and acclaim than they have in years. While the band have not been a full-time, prolific unit like they were in the early '80s, they have managed to chalk up quite a few tours since reuniting in the mid '90s.  Wonderful, released in 1999, was their first studio album since 1985's Mad Not Mad and was an absolutely brilliant return to form for them.  It's a shame that nobody actually noticed! You see, many folks love the whole nostalgia thing and they want to hear the hits (and believe me, Madness have plenty of them) so a 'new' Madness album didn't matter to the general public.  But for the Madness fan, it was a dream come true. Living up to it's title, Wonderful was perhaps the band's best album since the 1981 album, 7. Now, a decade later, we have an expanded two CD edition to cherish.  Enanced with videos and bonus tracks (a whole CD of them), they should have changed the title to Wonderfuller!

I must get going now.  Mrs. Claus needs some help in eating those delicicious sugar cookies and I don't want to miss out!  They are fresh out of the oven, you know! Yum Yum!



Ho! Ho! Ho!
Santa

No comments:

Post a Comment